Your baby is finally here. Newborns are wonderful, but exhausting! Having friends or family around to provide extra help and support can be very helpful. Make sure all visitors wash their hands well. Your baby’s first visit to our office takes place during his or her first week of life, usually 1-2 days after you are discharged from the hospital.
- We do a lot at this visit, including:
- Check your baby’s weight.
- Monitor for signs of jaundice.
- Check to see how your baby is feeding.
- Provide a personalized breastfeeding consultation with our Lactation Consultant.
- Answer questions about your new baby.
(if not given in hospital)
Follow up on Newborn Metabolic Screen done in hospital
Helpful Info: Caring for Your Newborn
Bright Futures Parent Info